Side event “Enabling Environments for CSO Engagement in Development: Lessons from GPEDC 2015/16 monitoring for Agenda 2030 implementation” (30 November 2016)
The Task Team organized this side event together with the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida) as part of the GPEDC’s Second High Level Meeting (HLM2) in Nairobi.
Content of the session
The side event examined progress made in implementation and monitoring of CSO enabling environments and CSO development effectiveness in line with the Indicator Two framework. It proposed steps to accelerate progress – including strengthening monitoring and guidance on good practice. The side event linked to Agenda 2030 implementation and monitoring.
The following speakers were involved:
- Isabella Lövin (Swedish Minister of Development Cooperation and Climate/Deputy Prime Minister)
- Mariam Haidar (Head of Aid Management and Coordination Unit / National Coordinator GPEDC Second Monitoring Round, Ministry of International Cooperation of Sudan)
- Richard Ssewakiryanga (Executive Director of the Uganda National NGO Forum, CSO Focal Point GPEDC Second Monitoring Round)
- Alejandro Guerrero Ruiz (OECD-UNDP Joint Support Team)
- Jacqueline Wood (Senior Policy Advisor, Task Team on CSO Development Effectiveness and Enabling Environment)
The session was moderated by Julia Sánchez (President-CEO of the Canadian Council for International Cooperation and CPDE Co-Chair).
The video summary below gives an overview of the side event.
For more details on the side event, kindly see the event invitation.