On April 15, 2014 the Task Team successfully organized a Focus Session at the first High Level Meeting (HLM) of the Global Partnership for Effective Development Co-operation, which took place in Mexico City 15-16 April 2014. The focus session was entitled “Practical Ways to Improve the Enabling Environment for Civil Society”. For the program and background of the Focus Session, click here.
Video summary of the Focus Session
The Focus Session was attended by representatives from various stakeholders groups from all corners of the world.
Contributions were made by the following speakers:
- Lilianne Ploumen (Minister for Foreign Trade and Development Cooperation, the Netherlands)
- Emele Duituturaga (PIANGO and CSO Partnership for Development Effectiveness Co-chair)
- Miroslav Lajčák (Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign & European Affairs of Slovakia)
- Christian Paradis (Minister of International Development and Minister for la Francophonie, Canada)
- Danny Sriskandarajah (Secretary General, CIVICUS)
- Modibo Makalou, on behalf of Bouaré Fily Sissoko (Minister of Economy and Finance, Mali)
For the conclusions and key messages of the Focus Session, click here.